Friday, July 2, 2010

Nicaragua Medical Mission Part 2

My first post got a little long. Can you tell I am excited about this trip?? Here are pictures of a few things that went on that were separate from the medical clinic.

Every night we walked over to the church a few blocks away from the clinic. The church was down a dirt road and it was very dark when we got out at night. There are many stories that I can tell about the walks that we took down this dirt road, but the most memorable one is the night I lost my flip flops. One night while we were in church it started to rain harder and harder and it never let up. Well, on the way to the bus we had to walk through knee high water and I was in FLIP FLOPS, which was not good! I lost both of them in the gushing water as I was walking. I had to walk through rocks, mud, and thorns all the way to the bus. It was not fun, although everyone else got a good laugh out of it. The next day my wonderful Croc flip flops were recovered from the mud! Anyways, here are a few pictures from the church services. Each night we had a children's bible class and a teen bible class.

I taught bible class on Tuesday night. I was given the story of Lazarus. Here are my wonderful helpers acting out the story as I tell it. The kids loved it, even though it started to rain about halfway through.

And Lazarus arose from the dead!

Here are a couple of pictures from the church.


Here are a few pictures that were taken around the community we were working in.


This is the bus that we rode in all week. I am grateful to be alive after experiencing the bumping, jerking, high speed trips that I had in this bus. I saw my life flash before my eyes many times during the week.

On Friday, we got to go out and have fun. After some convincing, I talked Abigail into going ziplining with me. I have never been and I knew this is something that Clint would NEVER do with me so I was looking forward to it. Well...I was excited about it until we got on the first platform and the bottom fell out and it rained the whole time we were up there. The rain never slowed down and the wind was blowing. We were freezing, but it was still a blast!


This was a trip of a lifetime and I am so thankful that I was able to go. Seeing the people down there and how little they have, but they are so thankful and appreciative for every little thing makes you look at the world in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment