Saturday, June 13, 2009

Riverbend Fun

This morning I did my first 5K Race, the Riverbend Run in the scenic downtown Chattanooga. For those of you that know me, you know that I do not have an athletic bone in my body! But, I agreed to do this with some friends. It has been great exercise for me. I was doing pretty good at practicing until I sprained my ankle a few of weeks ago and I kind of "fell off the wagon". I started practicing again last week and I still did the Riverbend Run and I am so happy I did. We were excited to finish our first 5K! Hopefully, now that I know what to expect, I can keep training and we can try another one in the next couple of months. Maybe I can get Clint in on the action too...

Me, Randi, Kelli, and Jeremy...after the race, all nice and sweaty!


With Randi, my coach and encourager :)


With Kelli and Jeremy...great friends!



Thursday night, we went to Riverbend with our friends Kelli and Jeremy Kaylor to see the B52's. Clint was able to get VIP passes from a guy at his work. We got to enjoy free food and sit up front at the concert. The music was okay, but being there with good friends and FREE VIP passes made it a pretty fun evening!

Love shack, baby, love shack...

Clint and I with our VIP passes...


Kelli and Tara...


Kelli and Jeremy...

No comments:

Post a Comment